Garlic is probably one of the most beneficial foods. If you don’t believe me, I suggest you can take a look at Google. You will surely know. In this article, I’ll tell you about How To Grow Garlic At Home.
How To Grow Garlic At Home.
Not to mention the fact that garlic is essential to flavor any recipe. So how about being able to grow it easily in your garden without ever having to buy it back? So, let’s see How To Grow Garlic At Home. Don’t worry, you’ll see, it’s simple! Each bulb you plant will multiply and give 3 or 4 new cloves of garlic.
How To Do Everything To Grow Garlic At Home
- Prepare a pot filled with seed soil, preferably a pot with drainage.
- Choose fresh heads of garlic.
- Separate the pods, being careful not to damage their base.
- Bury each pod, placing the pointed side up under a few inches of potting soil.
- Separate them about 10 cm.
- Keep the soil moist but never soggy because garlic does not need a lot of water.
- Let the garlic rise a little, but remember to cut the flowers regularly to keep all the flavor in the bulb.
- Once your plant has 5 or 6 leaves that turn yellow and start to die off, the garlic is ready to harvest.
- Dry the garlic in a cool, dry place, such as a garage, for a week.
And There you go! You grew garlic easily at home. Even more, need to buy! Easy, isn’t it?
- Be aware that the best time to plant garlic is early spring or fall.
- To grow, garlic needs about 8-10 months.
- Do not throw away the small green stems of the garlic. They are eaten like chives, or to flavor soup or cottage cheese for example.
- Once harvested, store the garlic in a cool, dry place.
What are the benefits of garlic?
- As we told you in the intro, garlic has many health benefits.
- Garlic is rich in vitamins B6 and C, selenium, manganese, calcium, and potassium. Plus, it’s low in calories with just 42 calories per serving.
- It strengthens the immune system. Eating it regularly helps prevent 63% of colds and colds by 63%.
- It is also excellent for the heart by limiting the risk of heart problems and helping to lower cholesterol.
- The same goes for people who suffer from high blood pressure: eating it regularly would be beneficial.
So, here is all about How To Grow Garlic At Home. Have you tried growing garlic at home? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to hear from you! To make your gardening easier you can visit our gardening tips category. It might help you. Happy Gardening.