Apples are delicious, and also very healthy. Because they provide vitamin E and C and are very rich in fiber and potassium. Due to their high water content, they are very refreshing and hydrating. In addition to all these benefits, they are also antioxidants. Today we will know, How To Grow An Apple Tree From Seed.
How To Grow An Apple Tree From Seed
The apple tree is the most cultivated fruit tree in the world. You can also plant it and have it in your home. However, for it to bear fruit, there are some secrets you need to know. Let’s see How To Grow An Apple Tree From Seed.
How To Plant Apple Or Apple Tree
- First of all, you need the seed, which you can get from the fruit. It is best not to choose one that has been refrigerated.
- Then you have to germinate the seed. To do this, wrap it in a damp kitchen paper (paper towel) and place it inside a tightly closed bag. Put it in the refrigerator. It is better to have several seeds at the same time in case one does not prosper. Check every few days, but keep in mind that it will take about a month to germinate.
- Once the seeds have germinated, plant them in a pot, infertile soil fertilized with compost. Drill a 1 or 2 inch (2.5 to 5 centimeters) hole and bury them, covered with dirt.
- Water always keeping the soil moist.
- Watch your apple trees grow until they reach 12 to 24 inches tall.
- Now you will have to deal with the complicated part. If you leave your apple tree like this, it will continue to grow. But it may never bear fruit. To make sure that it does, what you must do is “graft” it. Place a branch of another apple tree that does bear fruit, so that they become a single plant.
- For this, you first have to get a branch. If possible, find out if it is a species compatible with an apple tree. Then, what you have to do is an incision in the trunk of your tree and insert into it the branch of the apple tree, cut to match. Secure it with a bandage and tape until the two branches merge.
So, I hope now you have got all the details about How To Grow An Apple Tree From Seed. For more related articles, you can visit our fruit gardening category. Feel free to ask any questions about gardening by commenting here. Have a good day.