The electric lawn mower, unlike the internal combustion engine and a battery, is a machine that allows us to work for hours without recharging fuel or charge them. All you need is a long enough cable.
These electric lawn mowers are best suited for medium-sized parks and gardens. There are two models: edgers and cutters themselves. In this article, we will explain them in detail.
Choosing An Electric Lawn Mower
As we said, the electric lawn mower is a tool specially designed to facilitate work in medium-sized gardens and parks. In and of themselves, these machines are more environmentally friendly than their blast peers. As they do not use fossil fuels and are relatively quiet. A blast mower reaches 95 decibels or more. They also differ from cordless cutters. In that, they can work continuously without losing power.
There are two types of lawnmowers. The proper ones (with wheels) and the so-called edgers, which are smaller.
What Is An Electric Edger And What Is It For?
They are very simple hand tools. Consisting of a mast, a motor, a protective screen, and a small cube containing a rolled line segment. When rotating at high speed, the line -by centrifugal action- is tensioned. Thus managing to serve as a cutting element.
A few models offer to work with steel blades. But lately, the trend is to replace them with stanza wire. Much cheaper and easier to replace. The blades, thus, are relegated to the models of combustion engine edgers (called brush cutters ).
The edgers are so named because they are tools designed to make ends at the edges of gardens and parks. Due to their nature, they specialize in mowing only. And not other types of vegetation and tough weeds (such as thistles).
What Is A Proper Electric Lawn Mower And What Is It For?
On the contrary, the electric lawn mower itself is a more powerful tool. Electric allows cutting neatly and evenly the lawn surface of any garden or park. It has a car in which the axis to which the stanzas or blades are adjusted is suspended in the center. Also incorporates four wheels. It makes it easy to roll all over the place, thus making this task easier and faster than with other similar tools.
Among the advantages of owning an electric lawn mower, we can mention that they are more energy-efficient than their battery and explosion peers for some jobs in particular. Since they make use of the energy strictly necessary! They take into account aspects of the ecology since they do not generate carbon monoxide or other combustion gases. They are light (the electric motor is smaller than the combustion engine, and does not require batteries) and the noise level is minimal.
It is important to bear in mind that one of the disadvantages of these tools is the length of the cable. The maximum surface area they cover can be thought of as a circle whose center is the outlet. To which it is connected and whose radius is the maximum length of the cable (the extension and the cable itself of the machine). Therefore, it is important to use them with good extensions or take this aspect into account when purchasing them.
Main Parts Of An Electric Lawn Mower
- Basket or collection bag: in which the cut grass is deposited.
- Handle: it is the handle or handle of the cutter.
- Wheels: depending on the model, some are adjustable in height, and can be made of metal or plastic spokes.
- Switch: on – off.
- Electric motor: generally they are 0.5, 0.75, 1 and 1.5 HP.
- Blades: there are different sizes and the cutting diameters are around: 30 cm, 34 cm, 36.5 cm, but electric lawn mowers with cutting diameters of 50 cm are also available.
- Housing or chassis: it can be metallic (steel or iron) or plastic.
Recommendations For Use:
Before using a lawn mower, it is important to keep the following recommendations in mind:
- Always wear suitable work clothes, if possible boots, long pants, and a shirt. It is also advisable to wear safety goggles. Remember that in every garden and park you will find small stones, hard clods of earth, branches, and other objects that could be thrown with force.
- Always read the instruction manual. Especially the section that explains how to sharpen the blades or how to replace the line.
- From time to time, check the machine completely. Look for rusty, broken parts. Check the cable to verify that it is not cut or there are exposed wires.
- It is important that the blades are kept sharp and properly balanced. Dull blades could cause unexpected stops. If they are unbalanced they will cause vibrations and shorten the life of the machine.
- If the electric lawnmower uses tangle instead of blades! Check that the length of each end is adequate and that it is in working condition.
- Never allow children or pets near the machine, especially those who work with blades.
- Never operate the machine in rain or wet conditions. Nor in places where there are puddles of water.
So here is all about an Electric lawn Mower. Hope this article will help you to get an idea about electric mowers. Happy Mowing.